What Makes A Good Company Secretarial?
Company Secretary or company secretary (CS) is a legal term often used to describe someone who carries out the functions of a company secretary. In some countries, there is no official title for the person who performs this role. These individuals may simply be called “secretaries” or “company secretaries” or in some cases referred to by the name of the firm.
The CS is responsible for managing the company’s records such as shareholders registers, minutes and accounts. They ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and act as custodian for the company’s property.
A CS must comply with various requirements including maintaining accurate and up-to-date records. Some of these records include shareholders registers, directors’ details, annual return, audit reports, financial statements, and management accounts. It is up to the CS to maintain these records accurately.
In addition to these duties, a CS must also be familiar with key areas of corporate law and regulation. An understanding of business succession planning, company formation and incorporation, and insolvency is essential to being a successful CS.
Key Features of a Good Company Secretary Software:
1. Organised User Interface: The interface needs to be organised and user friendly. Users need to navigate around the system easily and efficiently. The interface should allow users to create new entries, edit existing ones and view them at any given point in time.
2. Powerful Search: The software should have a powerful search engine so that you can find any information you require quickly and easily.
3. Collaborative Editing: The ability to collaborate on documents is extremely useful. Documents can be shared among team members and edited simultaneously. Any changes made to a document will be reflected across all other collaborators instantly.
4. Data Security: Data security is another major concern when selecting a CS software. Ensure that the CS software encrypts data stored within the database. Additionally, the CS should provide data protection strategies to avoid loss of sensitive materials.
5. Document Management: The ability to store, manage and retrieve documents is critical to any CS software. The software should give you full control over the documents you store in its database. You should be able to categorise them according to their relevance and importance.
6. Audit Reports: The CS should be capable of generating comprehensive audit reports for the organisation. These reports should include summaries of current status, audits conducted, recommendations raised and action taken.
What Is Company Secretarial Software Company secretarial software helps companies keep records, manage finances, and pay bills.