The single most important element of SaaS marketing is the sales copy!
That’s right, Sales Copy.
Sales copy doesn’t just mean those long-form, one-page sales letters where people scroll down a single page with a big sales pitch.
Sales copy means you want your reader, viewer, or listener to take a specific action.
You’re trying to get them to click a link, click a buy button, fill out a form, or go on to the next step in your sales process.
Sales copy can include anything from:
- Paid Ads (Google, Bing, Youtube, etc.)
- A Physical Book or E-book
- Sales letters, Direct mail
- Email, Email teasers, Product Update
- Thirty-minute infomercial or Thirty-second Tiktok video.
- Social Media Posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, etc.)
- And anything in between can and should be considered sales copy.
If you get good at this, everything you promote will become a goldmine.
(Ignore this, and everything you promote becomes pointless.)
You will hear from all the “Guru” out there:
- You need first to build a great website, landing page or funnel.
- You need to drive traffic and create a list.
- You need to a value ladder and upsell.
- You need to do great SEO and be ahead of the competitor.
The one thing they DO NOT tell you is you need to write good sales copy.
Good sales copy is essential to the success of any SaaS marketing.
If you are like me, I didn’t enjoy writing in school, and honestly, I wasn’t good at reading or writing.
I failed all subjects miserably and left when I was 16.
One thing I was good at was talking to people.
However, I still didn’t know how to translate that to words on paper or what had become the digital era of online marketing.
I started to realise that it wasn’t the product that made people buy. It is the ability to create a strong enough desire for that product that the customer would do anything to buy it.
This is where you, as product owner, can create a shortcut to success!
If this sounds like you, you’re not alone Most SaaS product owners and developers don’t understand this, or they don’t know where to start, who to hire, or it might just cost too much.
All successful marketing campaigns start with good copy.
- Creating a great product doesn’t make you rich.
- Building a fantastic funnel doesn’t make you rich.
- Driving traffic doesn’t make you rich.
- Building a list doesn’t make you rich.
Structure and Strategy are essential elements of copywriting.
Learning how to write copy from scratch can take time.
Still, once you start to understand the foundation and structure, Copywriting is one of the fastest and most straightforward types of writing you can master.
It’s worth it, and it’s the quickest way for you to start converting your visitors to paid users.
If this is something you don’t have the time to learn, or something that doesn’t interest you that is fine. Why not book in a time for a 20 min discovery call for me and my team to learn more about yourself, your product and help you determine if a done-for-you solution is suitable for the growth of your SaaS product?