What Makes A Good Supply Chain Planning?
Supply chain planning software helps companies manage the flow of goods through various stages such as production, storage, distribution, and consumption. It helps businesses plan out the inventory needed for each stage and ensure that there is enough available at any given point during the process.
A well-designed supply chain management (SCM) system enables users to create and track orders for products and services, manage shipments and deliveries, monitor inventory levels, and analyze data. Modern SCMs are cloud-based and mobile friendly, allowing users to access information anywhere, anytime.
● Easy navigation: The user interface should be easy to navigate with clear icons, buttons, menus, and fields. Users should be able to easily locate anything they need to complete tasks.
● Data entry: A good supply chain planning software should allow users to enter data into forms and tables. It should also provide some basic business intelligence (BI) tools to help users understand trends and identify opportunities for improvement.
● Mobile-friendly: Ideally, the SCM software should be accessible via smartphones and tablets. People are increasingly accessing information and conducting business on the go. Thus, an SCM solution should be optimized for mobile platforms and provide functionality that doesn’t require too much screen space.
● Real-time visibility: An SCM system should enable users to see exactly where items are located in the warehouse and know when they will arrive at their destination. Users should also be able to view delivery status updates and receive alerts when items become overdue or unavailable.
● Collaboration: A successful SCM system should allow employees to work together seamlessly and communicate efficiently. Employees should be able to access documents, collaborate on projects, and share calendars and files. They should also be able to coordinate activities using a common platform.
● Analytics: A modern SCM package should incorporate analytics to facilitate the analysis of large amounts of data. This should include metrics like sales by product, revenue by customer, shipping costs, and more. SCM systems can also generate reports to help users visualize how changes to processes affect overall performance.
● Reporting: Businesses need to keep track of their operations and measure their success over time. A good SCM system should enable them to produce detailed monthly, quarterly, annual, and other types of reports. These reports should take into account everything from financials to employee productivity.
● Integration with ERP systems: Many businesses rely heavily on enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems for managing their day-to-day operations. An SCM system should integrate with these applications to provide a seamless experience across departments.
What Is Supply Chain Planning Software Supply chain planning software helps organisations plan the flow of goods from suppliers to distributors and retailers. It provides insights on demand trends and forecasts, and automates processes such as order entry and inventory control.